WAMMCO and the Katanning Agricultural Society encourage all prime lamb producers to enter this year’s $7,000 state lamb competition. The competition organisers want to build on the success of last year’s competition where, 9735 carcases were evaluated making it the nation’s largest competition in terms of carcases evaluated.
Competition guidelines –
- Opens August 2 and closes December 16, 2004
- Minimum requirement of 100 new season lambs / entry
- Entry fee of $90
- Cheques are made out to Katanning Agricultural Society.
- Cheques are to be sent to Rob Davidson, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Science, UWA, Nedlands, 6009
- Competition entries are judged on grid below
For more information about the competition contact David Thompson 98211083 or for entry forms contact Rob Davidson 0429 380 195. Entry forms can also be downloaded here.
The following table shows the price grid that will be used for the 2004 carcase competition. Note that discounts will apply to all carcases outside the 26.1 – 27kg fat score 2 grid.
The file above is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You will need Adobe Acrobat ReaderTM to view it. If you do not have this, you can download it here.