Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of Western Australian Meat Marketing Co-operative Limited ("Co-operative") will be held at the Wave Rock Motel, cnr Marshall St and Lynch St, Hyden, Western Australia on Wednesday, 26 October 2011 at 3.00pm.
- To approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 27 October 2010.
- To receive and consider the Annual Financial Report, Directors Report and Auditors Report for the period ended 30 June 2011.
- To re-elect Mr Rod Madden, who retires and who has been nominated as an Independent Director in accordance with article 39 of the Articles of Association (See overleaf for explanatory memorandum).
- To announce the result of the election for the position of Active Member Director.
- To approve Directors fees at a maximum of $240,000 per annum (See explanatory memorandum).
- To re-appoint BDO Kendalls Audit & Assurance (WA) Pty Ltd as auditors and authorise the Directors to fix their remuneration.
7. To receive a board report on registering Western Australian Meat Marketing Co-operative Limited under the Co operatives Act 2009 (WA).
8. To receive a unanimous board recommendation that members vote in favour of Special Resolutions 1 and 2.
9. To receive the Disclosure Statement approved by the Registrar of Co-operatives in accordance with Co-operatives Act 2009 section 16.
10. To consider and, if thought fit, to pass the following special resolutions in accordance with Co operatives Act 2009 section 22(3) (See overleaf for explanatory memorandum):
Special Resolution 1 (to be passed by a majority of two-thirds of members choosing to vote)
That, subject to approval of Special Resolution 2 the board apply to the Registrar of Co-operatives to have the registration of Western Australian Meat Marketing Co-operative Limited transferred from the Companies (Co-operative) Act 1943 to the Co operatives Act 2009 (the Act) in accordance with section 22(1)(a) of the Act.
Special Resolution 2 (to be passed by a majority of two-thirds of members choosing to vote)
That, subject to approval of Special Resolution 1, the application to register Western Australian Meat Marketing Co operative Limited under the Co-operatives Act 2009 be based on the Rules approved by the Registrar of Co operatives under the section 17 of the Act.
11. To transact any other business which may be brought before the meeting in conformity with the Articles of Association.
By Order of the Board
30 September 2011
Barbeque & refreshments will be served after the meeting
RSVP Marilyn or Sue on telephone 9262 0999