While the main supply season in Western Australia runs between the months of August and December, WAMMCO has worked hard to offer incentives to it's producers to supply livestock outside of this period.
Some of these include:
- Supply contracts
- Field Days for specialist lamb producers providing technical and nutritional advice
- Extended feedback sheets delivered within 24 hours of the kill by email, fax or post
Producers access WAMMCO's website to access current livestock prices and data and statistics on livestock supplied by them. If you have any suggestions for other ways of improving services to producers, please contact us.
Revised Sheep and Lambs NVD Waybill commencing 1st March 2004 ...
The Australian meat and livestock industry has agreed to release a revised national Vendor Declaration (NVD) for sheep and lambs (as well as cattle) in 1 March 2004. Full details are available on-line by clicking here . Key points of the new declaration are as follows:
- The purple NVD Waybill (version 3) will replace version 2 as from 1st July 2004.
- The NVD Waybill is underpinned with an on-farm food safety program called Livestock Production Assurance (LPA)
- The NVD Waybill is also a legal travel document in those states that require one.
- By signing the NVD Waybill you are declaring that you meet the on-farm food safety requirements of the Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) program.
- Use the tools provided in the ‘Guide to the NVD Waybill’ to help you back up the claims you make on your NVD Waybill.
- The NVD Waybill will cost $25 (plus GST) per book of 20 after you have used your 10 free forms provided when you provisionally register for LPA.
Supply Alliance Co-ordinator
Members wishing to discuss any aspects of lamb production are invited to contact Rob Davidson on 92620999.
Our Strategic Alliances ...
- Prime Merino Lamb Alliance
- WAMMCO Prime Lamb Partnership